There's just something about the holidays that makes dressing up extra enjoyable. Whether we have fancy events to attend or plan to stay home and relax, we often find ourselves debating whether to dress up or keep it casual. However, one thing we can all agree on is that our hair can make a huge impact on our overall appearance. In fact, it can be one of our best accessories. No matter what your plans are this holiday season, choosing a timeless hairstyle can take your look to the next level and improve your entire mood. That's why we've compiled a list of 9 timeless hairstyles to inspire all hair types (with the help of some extensions), perfect for not only the holiday season but beyond.
Clip-in hair extensions or a halo hairpieces can drastically change your look within minutes. These products are quick and easy to use, even if you have no experience using hair extensions. Both of these products are suitable for every type of hair. You can add them to your own hair to enhance its volume and length.
1) Effortless Hollywood Glam
Start with your deep side part, use a rat-tail comb to create a clean, straight parting. Spray some heat protectant spray all over your hair to shield it from heat damage.
After your hair is parted, section your hair into one-inch portions, using clips to hold up sections that aren’t being curled yet. Begin at the bottom and work your way up to the crown. For Hollywood waves, hold your one-inch curling iron vertically, clamp your hair at the bottom, then wind the curl up to your scalp. Always curl away from your face for a flattering, face-opening effect.
After releasing your hair from the curling iron, catch the curl and hold it in your hand as it cools. This helps set the curl. Do not let the curl drop as this will pull the curl out. Hold it for a few seconds and then gently release. Repeat the process all over your hair, making sure all the curls are in the same direction.
When you have finished curling your hair, give it a chance to cool. When it has cooled, use a soft bristle brush to gently brush through your hair. This will help to turn your individual curls into glossy waves. Brush gently, following the shape of your curls to turn them into one big wave.
Finish off your hair by applying a generous amount of hairspray to set your curls in place. This will help keep your curls intact throughout the night.
Don't forget your brows. Fill them in for a well-groomed, defined look. Add a neutral eyeshadow, some eyeliner, and a good amount of mascara. A swipe of highlighter on your cheekbones can also add an extra glow and then go ahead and added that, 'Classic red bold lip thing that you like." Voila, you are ready to turn heads at your holiday party!
Buns can add elegance, style and sophistication to any outfit, and they are also a great way to show off your jewelry and makeup during the holiday season. Plus, they can easily be transformed from day to night by simply loosening the hair or adding some decorative hairpins.
2) Hair buns but make it festive:
1. Messy Bun: A relaxed bun that is slightly disheveled for a laid-back yet chic look. You can wear this during the day or for casual holiday events. You can easily add some festive hair accessories or a sparkly headband to make it more glamorous.
2. Ballet Bun: Sleek and tight, this type of bun screams elegance and poise. This is perfect for formal holiday events and is a great way to show off those beautiful holiday earrings.
3. Braided Bun: A sophisticated updo that features braids twisted into a bun. This is an eye-catching and trendy bun that works well for fancy holiday events.
4. Chignon: This is a type of bun that is secured at the nape of the neck. It exudes an old-Hollywood charm, and is great for those going for a classic holiday look.
5. Half-Up Bun: For those who don't want to completely tie up their hair, this bun style leaves half of the hair loose, creating a carefree and youthful appearance.
Whatever bun style you choose, just remember to accessorize accordingly and make sure it complements your holiday attire and overall look. Add a few spritzes of hair spray to hold the bun in place throughout the celebration. Happy holidays!
3. Soft Waves
The timeless style of soft and touchable volume deserves to be cherished and remembered in both big and small moments, allowing you to always recall your most exceptional hair days.
4. Bows, Bows, Bows, we do adore
Elevate your holiday style with the "it" accessory of the season - bows. Adding an oversized bow to your outfit can create a striking contrast or complement to your overall look, making this small detail a bold statement.
Many of us believe that when it comes to glam, bigger is better. Enhancing your hairstyle with beautifully shaped and brushed-out curls is a thrilling way to give your hair a voice that shouts, "Let's celebrate!"